Yeah, as if the external beauty care wasn’t enough, I am working the beauty enhancement inside out! I am taking the Milcolla collagen powder for several reasons. I had previously tried taking Meiji collagen powder, and it upset my reflux – but back then, my reflux problem was really intense, so many things can trigger an ugly episode.
Milcolla Collagen Powder
105g per pack
One Spoonful is around 7g
One Spoonful per day
One pack lasts around 15 days
Comes in a zip-lock bag packaging for easier storage.
With a measuring spoon for easier consumption
Each spoonful, you receive:
☆ 5000mg collagen peptide
☆ 120mg milk ceramide
☆ added beauty support of vitamin C – 50mg
☆ milk calcium
☆ Around 10 millions vegetation based lactic-acid bacilli.
☆ Only 25.3 calories
☆ No artificial colouring or fragrances
Main benefits of the product:
☆ Easy and convenient way as beauty supplement
☆ Prevent skin from aging
☆ Improve your skin conditions – to become firm, moist and youthful
☆ Restores softness and suppleness to your skin
☆ Blend with a beverage or food of your choice, either hot (not boiling hot) or cold
One Flat Scoop
☆ The original taste of the beverage will not be changed
NO FISHY SMELL
Please take note:
☆ Keep away from direct sunlight
☆ Zip tightly and keep in a cool and dry place
☆ Do not mix it with alcohol
☆ Pls check the ingredients carefully if you are concerned about allergies.
☆ Pls stop consumption if any itchiness, rashes or gastrointestinal discomfort occurs
☆ If you are under any medications, pls consult your doctor before taking this product
☆ Pls refrain children, and pregnant or breast-feeding women from consumption
So, I am taking this for:
1. Skin nourishment – I mean, let’s be real here, I don’t mind aging, but I really don’t mind aging gracefully and as long as it’s non-invasive to my health and body, I am open to supplements and skin care that can retain however much youth I have left.
2. Collagen replenishment for back – This may sound like an excuse, but it’s a genuine medical concern. I have chronic degenerative disc disease, and I had it in my early 20’s, a premature degenerative process caused by car accident and relocation. In a car accident, the impact caused my spine to push forward and caused a whiplash; and most importantly, during the relocation, I was doing most of the laborious work such as moving heavy furniture and assembling big and small furniture from Ikea. The poor posture in carrying the heavy furniture caused a slipped disc. I was since prone to slipped disc, some episodes more severe than other. I was told that collagen intake helps to slow down the degenerative process.
3. Ligament – I also have ligaments problem – I know right, I am so broken! – and I was encouraged to eat sea cucumber as it is high in collagen and it helps with the joints. I will NEVER want to eat sea cucumber!
4. Hair – this is the least concern really, I have very vague impression that collagen helps with hair condition, but well, since some people provided positive feedbacks on that, I might as well be accepting it.
[The Missy’s Say]
It’s really like milk powder, subtle
How I drink it
I mix a spoonful (that comes with it – some sellers require that you purchase it, as the manufacturer is not giving out the spoon by default, an eco-effort to reduce plastic use) with tea in the morning. I love my tea creamy, so I am enjoying it very much.
1. Skin condition – I can’t say for sure yet, it’s been merely slightly over a week since I started consuming this. There is subtle improvement on the lines around the neck; but the draw back on skin is that I am experiencing some breakouts, I am going to just persevere for a while longer (say 3 months!) and see if it’s just a reaction of my skin (I do have hypersensitive skin cells) and if it will stabilize after a while. At least we know for sure that it’s doing something to my skin!
2. Back and joints – I am not exaggerating. When I say ‘chronic’, I mean persistent back pain in high frequencies. I haven’t experience as much as a strain to my back since consuming the powder. Then again, I am also doing a lot of stretching exercise that helps build muscles around my spine (support), so maybe that helps too.
3. Hair – Nadah! Nothing significantly positive observed yet.
Will I repurchase? I will, for at least another 2 months. I want to give it enough time before I conclude that it doesn’t work at all. If it doesn’t help with my skin, I hope at least it aids in my back condition. You have no idea what it’s like.