Today’s my birthday! I never liked birthdays as a child; they always turned out disastrous – of course, I learned later that it’s really my sensory overloaded with too many people, too much noises, and everything that was whacked out of my routine.
This year is a very special year, and I am determined to make my birthday from this point forward, very happy!
Yearly resolution is a crap to me. However, I will seize today, my day! These are what I am going to do:
1. Laundry – the quirky day begins, because I have been trying to spin the laundry dry since 2 hours ago! I think the washer is as thrilled as I am about my birthday that it decides to get more of my attention. What can I say, I am popular amongst cranky machines!
2. Give – I have a tradition, I make an affordable donation to a charity of my choice on my birthday. This is one way to make my existence in this world a little more meaningful and purposeful. It is also my way of sharing my blessing!
3. Run impromptu promotion – I don’t know why I decide to do this, and for today, I decide not to over think! It’s going to be an effort, but well, I will just go with my heart! Who is going to get hurt, right?
4. Stop waiting – I stop waiting for good things to fall from skies; well, there are moments that I still hoped good things are going to show up on my doorsteps. Today is the day that I embrace the spirit of ‘Que Sera Sera’ completely!
5. Do my favorite things – Crochet, I love crochet, I have been missing crochet whenever school starts. It’s going to sound weird, but what the heck, weird is new sexy!, I pined to crochet.
6. Mailing – This is just part of the job, and I get lots of job satisfaction when I get things done, so this attributes to my ‘happiness’! I am sure the customers would be happy to know that their orders are being mailed!
7. Favorite food – I am going to grab my favorite ice cream at my favorite restaurant at my favorite mall!
8. Favorite pastime – ok, to be fair, crochet is the favorite of all times, but I do love to read. I have an unfulfillable appetite for knowledge, so it does feel like eating the favorite food! Except today, I am going to have my favorite food and read my book!
9. Favorite beverage – Of course, the day seems packed, but by #7, I am unwinding, and by #9, it’s completely unwound with reds and all things alcoholic!
The way I look at this, thank goodness I am alive!
Have a great day, even if it’s not your birthday!